Working at Venkman
Let’s change the way the world’s rewards work together. Venkman works with web communities and brands to make apps fun again. We use cutting edge fintech to discover brands’ power users and help make them a customer for life. Our vision is to drive fan engagement, customer loyalty, and ecommerce growth for each of our partners.
We’re looking for a teammate who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving. Our ideal candidate will leverage their considerable skill set to balance the ideal user experience while providing a common framework that satisfies the wide range of features.
The technical project manager is responsible for maintaining budgets, enforcing deadlines and supervising team members. To be successful as a technical project manager you must be highly organized. A good technical project manager is able to multitask successfully under pressure.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Create project plans with relevant team members.
- Supervise team members and ensure that deadlines are followed.
- Maintain the project budget.
- Enforce health and safety protocol.
- Prepare progress reports for senior management.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Be able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and engineering teams
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
Qualifications – Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information technology, or a related field
- 5+ years as a technical/product manager
- Manage cross-functional teams in business, product, design, and engineering
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Able to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, possess a strong entrepreneurial drive and the desire to continually enhance professional capabilities.
- Have strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail and exceptional analytic abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Be open to travel on an as needed basis.
- Be willing to attend continuing education seminars and conferences.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Must be a good communicator and available via slack, phone, and email
- Down with startup hours. This isn’t exactly a 9-5, but please take your weekends!
- Ready to iterate to unicorn status.
Venkman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year