Working at Venkman
Let’s change the way the world’s rewards work together. Venkman works with web communities and brands to make apps fun again. We use cutting edge fintech to discover brands’ power users and help make them a customer for life. Our vision is to drive fan engagement, customer loyalty, and ecommerce growth for each of our partners.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven back-end developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Backend Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current code and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
To succeed as a backend developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Record data and report it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Take the lead on projects, as needed.
Qualifications – Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- More education or experience may be required.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as C#, SQL, and Node.js, Azure web environment and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Able to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, possess a strong entrepreneurial drive and the desire to continually enhance professional capabilities.
- Have strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail and exceptional analytic abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Be open to travel on an as needed basis.
- Be willing to attend continuing education seminars and conferences.
- Salary + stock options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- 401k Employer Sponsored
- Must be a good communicator and available via Slack, phone, and email
- Down with startup hours. This isn’t exactly a 9-5, but please take your weekends!
- Ready to build a company to unicorn status.
Venkman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year